What is Yacon?
Yacon is basically a natural root found in South America. Yacon has been a part of the Andean diet for around hundreds of years before it was acknowledged for best weight loss capabilities. The name “Yacon” means Watery Root. It’s preferred around the world in a concentrated powder form for mind-blowing weight loss results.
Yacon is actually a perennial plant which is primarily grown for its tuberous roots. Yacon is preferred both as raw like potato and taking as a vegetable.
This vegetable was not known outside South America for 10 years but when its effectiveness in weight loss explored, now cultivated in various countries like Australia, China, Japan, South Korea and New Zealand.
This would be great to know that anyone can grow yacon in his garden with very little expertise and can make it as a part of their regular diet. The leaves of yacon contain various organic compounds due to which it’s taken in the form of tea and syrup around the world.
Raw Yacon Syrup determines that it’s not only used to reduce weight but also used as the best food for diabetic patients.
The biggest culprit, when it comes to weight gain is the sugar that we take every day. There are few people who can honestly say they do not like sweets and even fewer who can resist its sweet temptation. What we do not realize is the number of calories we are ingesting when we add sugar to our food.
Teaspoon by teaspoon it builds up to a large portion of our calorie intake, without actually filling us up or doing anything else but add inches to our body.
Now yacon syrup is an extract from a tuber that is found in the Andes Mountains of South America. The juice of the yacon tuber is extracted and then it is evaporated much like you would do with maple syrup and used as a low-calorie sweetener. Yacon tuber has been used for centuries by the Native people of Andes.
Yacon Syrup Is It The Ultimate Weight Loss Product?
People believe that there is a miracle substance that will make them lose weight and in the search of that miracle substance, people will buy pure yacon syrup whatever is endorsed by a person who they believe to be an authority. Now the latest miracle substance that has created the buzz is the yacon syrup.
Raw Yacon Syrup Is It Really a Good Low-Calorie Substitute for Sugar?
From what research and studies have shown so far, it is an effective sweetener that indeed is a lot lower in calorie than sugar. In fact, it has been found that is contains only a third of the calories of sugar per gram of weight.
The reason for this is because yacon contains sugar in a form that is indigestible by humans.
So while we can taste the sweet taste, the sugar in the syrup, it will not be digested by our digestive system and pass through without being absorbed. This is the reason why it has suddenly become so popular.
People believe they can get all the goodness of sugar without any of the calories.
Health benefits of Yacon plant:
- Blood Sugar level: Yacon has become a widely used food item for its anti-hyperglycemic effect. This effect helps in lowering the amount of glucose production in the liver, which is helpful for diabetic patients.
- Blood Pressure: Due to the presence of high levels of potassium, it’s seriously effective in keeping a healthy heart. Yacon basically relaxes blood vessels and provides blood to those body parts where it is needed most. Raw Yacon Syrup shows that it reduces suffering from heart attacks or strokes.
- Weight loss: Since yacon is not composed of starch, but has low-calorie content due to which is widely preferred for losing weight among people.
- Digestive capability: Raw Yacon is also useful for improvement in digestion due to the presence of various prebiotic materials. These prebiotic materials are eaten by microflora in our body which is responsible for the breakdown of food.
- Cancer Prevention: Raw Yacon Syrup has revealed that it’s also effective against the growth of cancer cells. Currently, further research is going on yacon for cancer prevention.
- Liver Health: As studies on yacon signify that it prevents fat accumulation in the liver which helps in maintaining functionality of the liver properly. So yacon raw can be termed as good for the liver too.
Is It Safe to Take Raw Yacon Syrup?
Native Indians in the Andes have been using it for centuries without any adverse effects. Research on yacon also has not revealed any cause for concern.
On the contrary, it is supposed to be the only sweetener that diabetics can use without spiking their blood sugar and insulin levels.
This happens mainly because the sugar found in yacon is present mainly in fructooligosaccharides or FOS, which is a form of sugar that cannot be digested by humans. But this does not mean that yacon doesn’t contain other digestible forms of sugar, like fructose.
There is some fructose also in yacon but only about 1/3 of that in sugar.
Raw Yacon syrup has a taste that is very similar to caramel syrup and is about half as sweet as sugar.
How Does it Help to Reduce weight?
Raw Yacon syrup is being marketed as an effective diet supplement, especially for those who wish to lose weight. It is said to curtail the digestions of food and limiting the number of calories ingested.
It is rich in fiber and helps to suppress appetite. It is also supposed to keep cholesterol in check and good for the heart.
Native American Indians used the tuber for many ailments, especially for diabetes. Studies have shown the positive effect of yacon especially in the metabolic rate, which was seen to increase in several studies.
I can be said that yacon syrup does help to lose weight and can be touted as a miracle product. But like any other substance, it should be taken in moderation and not expect instant success.
How to take Raw Yacon Syrup dosage:
- Try to have the first dose in the morning with warm lemon water. Warm lemon water will initiate your metabolism properly.
- The second dose should be taken during lunch. Have healthy lunch which will support your weight loss efforts.
- For quick results, try to have few physical exercises whenever you get free. Physical exercises will be more effective with yacon dose.
After getting various raw yacon syrup around the world, the taste of yacon is determined to be sweet due to which it is taken as fruit for many people. Raw Yacon finally accepted as one of the best food items which is tasty and healthy in all aspects.
- Author Rating